After giving us the impossible task of picking out our top 10 favorite movies, Ginger now asks us to list our top 10 favorite tv shows. I still can’t answer this question, so I’m just going to give you 10 shows I really, really like. So, in no particular order, here we go:
- Friends – I mean, this is on every top tv list there ever was, yes? Hilarious and perfect no matter how many times I watch an episode.
- Parenthood – You are watching this, right? You better be, it’s the best drama on tv right now, in my opinion.
- Modern Family – And this is the best sitcom on tv right now.
- Golden Girls – GG reminds me of being young and home from school and watching and only understanding maybe 1/2 of what was going on but loving every minute of it anyway. GG makes me want to grow old and move to Florida.
- Supermarket Sweep – Do you remember this show? I watched the 1990-1995 version on Lifetime (never mind that I was like 7 years old) and was ENTRANCED the whole time. Even at seven I knew I would ROCK this game show. No, seriously, I still think of it sometimes and wish I could catch re-runs.
- Buffy – LOVE. The Gentlemen episode? STILL FREAKS ME OUT.
- Friday Night Lights – I watched this while pregnant with Damien and was hooked as soon as Tim Riggins was introduced. And if that wasn’t enough, there was Tami Taylor (and her hair!) and Coach’s relationship that kept me watching. Damn, I miss this show.
- Gilmore Girls – I watched this while pregnant with Hayley. I love me some rapid fire dialog!
- Law and Order/Law and Order: SVU – I watched L&O when they were still “good ones” (meaning Chris Noth was still on) and watched SVU from the beginning. Since becoming a parent I can’t take SVU so I haven’t kept up as religiously as before. It might be time to just give this one up entirely, sadly.
- Jeopardy – I love you Alex Trebek, you big jerk. (I also love feeling like a genius during kids week, I can’t be the only one, right?)
I’m going to give a separate shout out to both Fringe and The Game of Thrones because Geoff and I have spent a lot of the summer watching these two shows and they are both fantastic (and about as different as you can get!)
What are you watching lately?