Here are some more details about this pillow situation:
- PA doesn’t care at all that PB uses it.
- PA doesn’t expect to get to use it when PB is already using it just because it belongs to PA.
- PB denies that it was ever PA’s.
- PB refuses to use the pillow if it belongs to PA, because PB thinks that means PB “owes something” to PA then.
- PA still finds it important that it is acknowledged that the pillow was originally PA’s, and remains so, though PA REALLY DOESN’T CARE IF PB USES IT.
- PA doesn’t need it in the bed, so that isn’t an issue.
- PA and PB are totally childish.
- PA and PB are completely over all of this but here I am, still writing about it.
- The pillow totally still belongs to PA, DAMNIT.
Congratulations, Elsha, Hayley picked your name out of a cup! Which I totally took cute pictures of to post….and then Damien deleted them. I turned away for FIVE SECONDS, man….
The books will be on their way to you next week- let me know if you want to change your picks!
Now, I need you guys to weigh in on something for me (and Geoff, though he doesn’t know it). I don’t want to tell you who is who in the (MOST) ridiculous argument (EVER) we had last night, so I’m going to tell you a story about Person A (PA) and Person B (PB).
You see, PA had a pillow. 2 pillows, in fact, in the bed that PA shared with PB. PB also had 2 pillows. PA brought one of their two pillows out to the couch to use, quite some time ago, and it has pretty much remained there. However, PB is the person that uses it most. It’s now quite a bit of time later- who does that pillow belong to? PA or PB?
The bigger question: OMFG DOES IT EVEN MATTER???
And YES. This is seriously something I spent time arguing about last night while cranky and stressed and tired and hot because it was 90+ degrees here yesterday and we’re moving and there are 24789357 things to do for that move.
Ok, so here’s the thing: I’ve never done a giveaway here so I have no idea what I’m doing really. This isn’t sponsored or anything, I just have a stack of books on my desk that I was thinking some (one? maybe?) of you may be interested in reading. So! Here we are!
As part of my job I get to host authors on campus and because of that I have quite the stack of eclectic books I’m offering up to one of you. Here are the choices:
Now, leave me a comment about which two (2) of the above books you would be interested in receiving. I’ll let Hayley pick a random number from a hat and send off the books to the winner. And because I feel like it, I’ll also include a DVD copy of a documentary with the winner’s books. “Entries” (gosh, I feel like an imposter) can be made until 12noon on Monday, April 29, 2013. Your chances are pretty good since I’m anticipating just a handful of comments, so test your luck! Please make sure I have some way of contacting you if you are selected. If you guys like this sort of thing I can do it more often. I have a lot of books….